Listed Below are some fun facts pertaining to recycling.
- All things can be recycled, but the way people handle(use) the materials cause it to be wasted.
- You have to give certain recycleable materials to certain people, but they have to take it in by choice.
- Telling people what they can recycle in the area relieves their confusion. The effect is wanting them to recycle!
- You can also buy recycled things instead of recycling non-recycled things. These things can be cereal boxes, bathroom tissues, pencils, bags, pencil cases, etc. This is called precycling preused items.
- A used aluminum can is recycled and back on the grocery shelf as a new can, in as little as 60 days.
- We use over 80,000,000,000 aluminum soda cans every year, and at one time, aluminum was more valuable than gold!
- A 60-watt light bulb can be run for over a day on the amount of energy saved by recycling 1 pound of steel. In one year in the United States, the recycling of steel saves enough energy to heat and light 18,000,000 homes!
- It takes 500,000 trees to produce the Sunday papers printed in the U.S.
- Americans use 2.5 million plastic bottles per hour.
Remember, Mother Nature is no longer available to pick up after you, you have todo it yourself! Go GREEN!!!